Seventh-Day Adventists/The Clear Word Bible

Hello Patricia:

What do you think about the SDA Bible called the Clear Word Bible? Even though they have taken the word Bible from the title is it still promoted and used like a Bible among SDAs today?

Have a wonderful weekend, Angela

Hello Angela,

Thank you for your questions.

In my opinion the Clear Word is blasphemous. It adds to and subtracts from Scripture to align with their theology and prophetess, Ellen White.

Not only do some SDAs still use it like a Bible but they are making it available to uninformed non-SDAs without identifying themselves as the publishers and promoters of it. It can be purchased from places like Barnes and Noble, Cokesbury, Books A Million and to name a few. It is also available to be read on the Nook, Kindle, iBooks and audiobooks, etc. There is even a paraphrased version of the Clear Word for Kids that was published January 2005, so it is clear that it is still being promoted and used.

Even though the publishers have omitted the word "Bible" from the cover, it is described as an expanded paraphrase. Paraphrase of what? Open it and it is modeled after a Bible with the books, chapters and verses.

One example of my reason for calling it blasphemous is as follows:

In the King James Version, Jude 1:9 reads:

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

But in the Clear Word (Jude 1:9), Blanco says Jesus is also Michael, the Archangel….

“In contrast to these ungodly men is the Lord Jesus, also called Michael the Archangel, for He is over the entire angelic host. When He was challenged by Satan about His intentions to resurrect Moses, He didn’t come at Satan with a blistering attack, nor did He condemn him with mockery. He simply said, “God rebuke you for claiming Moses’ body.”

It is clear that they twist Scripture and believe Jesus to be Michael, the Archangel.

Take care!  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Patricia Allen

As a former Seventh-day Adventist (SDA), I have insight of value to those who are questioning and/or trying to decide if they should leave or become an SDA. It would be my privilege to discuss SDA church doctrine, structure, Ellen White, the old and new covenants, and their various beliefs. The Bible will be my main source of reference and all quotes, etc. will be documented. I understand that there are different variants of Adventists, but I am only familiar with what I would call traditional or main stream.

I was a Seventh-day Adventist for over 50 years. I attended their schools and I was always active in the churches I attended. I also worked for the denomination for 37 years. Since I was educated in their schools from Grade 1, and because what I was taught came from the Bible, I never questioned my beliefs. I considered myself as one whom the Lord had chosen to bring out of darkness into His marvelous light. In the year 2005, I became keenly aware that Ellen White contradicted the Scriptures numerous times and plagiarized some of her most popular writings. At this point, I had to seriously consider studying for myself with the aid of the Holy Spirit to see if indeed I really had the truth. Sad to say, I discovered that I was deluded and deliberately deceived by the church I loved and served. In 2010, I requested that my name be withdrawn from the membership roster of the church. Since then, it has been my passion to tell those in the SDA church and those considering joining Adventism, the truth and freedom that I have discovered and enjoy daily. I interact on Facebook with SDAs frequently regarding their beliefs and doctrines compared to the Bible. In addition to answering questions on this site, I have a blog ( and the purpose of my articles is to expose the false doctrines of the SDA church After 50 plus years of trying to 'work' my way, I have discovered the sweet rest in the finished work of my Savior. I've also discovered that there is nothing that I have ever done to make Jesus love me less and there is nothing that I can ever do to make Jesus love me more. Jesus just loves me and this I know!

M.A.O.M. degree (Master of Arts in Organizational Management). I also have a B.A.I.C. degree (Born Again in Christ). My calling is to help spread the Good News of the Gospel and to help lift the veil by sharing Jesus, Who is the Truth and the Light.