Seventh-Day Adventists/Clarity about Adventist Reform

would you be clear on relations between the drop in number and the truth is it just a prophesy in the verge of fulfillment? it's just not easy to read and abide by the bible.

The Fall of the Laodicean Church

It is a mistake to think that 19th century SDA theology is without serious error and does not need reform in the 21st century.  Do the divided Adventists teach Gospel truth?  Without error?  The answer is no and no.  

While SDA’s have been taught to believe that they have cornered the market on theological truth, especially about the Sabbath and how the world will end, they are delusional, cultic, and very wrong about many things.  While they have made some good contributions to theology and health, which should be pushed forward, they also hold much myth and error, which is why they are divided and self-destructing in great theological confusion.

Today, it is not easy for any denomination to just “read the Bible” and follow it.  In fact, it has been very difficult for anyone, much less any religious organization, to read the Bible and find Gospel truth.  If that were not the case, the Gospel Story would read very differently.  The Jews would have embraced Christ and the early church would not have become so legalistic and divided.  Nor would every wind of doctrine be blowing through the church today.

In the early 21st century, it is clear that the Christian Faith, as well as the Advent Movement, is in a serious credibility crisis.  If ever there was a need for another Protestant Reformation, it is now.  Although the SDA’s viewed themselves as being the last Reformers, they have become part of the problem rather than the solution.  

The SDA’s have made many mistakes; the most egregious in the 19th century was to repudiate the Gospel in 1888,for which they were destroyed in Battle Creek.  In the 20th century, at Glacier View in 1980, they doubled down on their 1888 errors by also insisting that the IJ is the Judgment in the 1st Angels Message, when this was never the case.  These twin errors, a false view of the Gospel, and a false view of the Three Angels Messages, has ruined the Advent Movement.   It is dying right in front of our eyes.  Sad.

Here is the problem for the SDA’s: They love of the Old Covenant Sabbath, and thus the Law of Moses has been their theological ruin.  While many professed Christians and denominations have often confused Moses for Christ, even as legions have no idea how to explain or define the Gospel correctly, the SDA’s are most like the 1st century Jews and the Circumcision Party that developed in the early church.  This is why they promote tithing and OC Sabbath keeping and Jewish food laws.  The SDA’s DO NOT understand the New Covenant, even as they also misunderstand their own history and doctrinal development.

John 1:17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

Luke 13:24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

The book of Revelation shows that the last church, Laodicea, which is made up of all denominations, is the worst of all 7 church periods.  

Jesus makes it clear in Rev 3: 14, which is the real Pre-Advent Judgment of the last church, that all in Laodicea have fallen away from Gospel Truth.  All denominations have embraced very wrong doctrines, including a false Christ and an impossible view of the New Covenant Sabbath, which must be corrected.

The “wretched” Laodiceans are acting very much like the 1st century Jews.  They are not reading the Bible Story correctly, much less understanding or embracing the Gospel teachings of Christ.  To make matters worse, every church and denomination, including the SDA’s, think they are rich in doctrine and full of truth, when they have almost nothing correct or true.  

Rev. 3:15  ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.

Rev. 3:16 ‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.

Rev. 3:17 ‘Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,

Paul also speaks about how bad things will become at the end of time.  

2Tim. 3:1  But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.

2Tim. 3:2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,

2Tim. 3:3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,

2Tim. 3:4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

2Tim. 3:5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

So yes, we Laodiceans are living in a time when prophecy is being fulfilled.  The last church, which includes the SDA’s, has gone blind.  THIS is a sign of the end.  Which is why Jesus demands corporate and individual repentance from the church before the 2nd Coming.

Rev. 3:19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

SDA’s Condemned in PAJ

Christ has harshly judged the SDA Denomination in the genuine PAJ of the last church.  Christ calls the SDA’s wretched and very wrong about Gospel doctrine, and so they are.  Thus they are called to repent, - not promote a worthless version of the PAJ and pretend that they have not been promoting a false version of the 3 A’s all these years.  The SDA’s need to come clean and repent for their many false doctrines, including how they view Ellen White.  This is what the real PAJ teaches.

Today, millions are fleeing the SDA church because it has so many false, anti-Gospel doctrines, including tithe, upon which the corrupt organizational structure depends.  What is being promoted is confusing, contradictory, and false on many levels; not lining up with the founders of Adventism, much less with Jesus and the apostles.  Unless the Advent Movement repents for promoting so much error, and returns to the original theology of the 3 Angels Messages, they are doomed, doomed, doomed.

Adventism today is in a very dark, delusional, and dangerous place.  Ellen White predicted this.  I repeat:  Their only option is to repent and return to the original eschatology of the Three Angels Messages, which does not contain the IJ in the 1st Angels Message.  

Then they must move forward to remove their many errors and myths and develop the 4th and last Advent Message, which is Gospel based, not Old Covenant based.  This is their only hope.  This is the point of the Three Angels Messages, to move forward to the 4th Angels Message.  

However, there can be no 4th Angels Message if the SDA’s can’t understand the original formula for the Three Angels Messages.  Thus it is imperative for the Adventist Community to understand where they have gone wrong so they can make the necessary corrections.  (The SDA’s went wrong in 1888, and again in 1980, at Glacier View.)

Let every Adventist understand: the 1844 “Judgment” of the 1st Angels Message was, and still is, ONLY about the 2nd Coming as the Day of Judgment and the end of the world.   The IJ was never part of the 1st Angels Message, (which is fulfilled prophetic prophecy), much less the reason why the Advent Movement existed.  Such modern views are for those that refuse to honestly embrace the simple facts of religious history.

It is time for everyone in the Adventist Community, including the IJ zealots, to face the facts/ truth and stop defending Takoma Park traditions that were never true, and never endorsed by Ellen White, much less by Jesus and the apostles.

The modern Advent Movement has been sidetracked, misdirected, and ruined by the IJ, and the lack of historical and theological honesty.  Myths have long ago replaced the facts of history, even as Ellen White’s writings have been hidden and manipulated by the leaders in order to deceive the Adventist Community into following a very false path.  Mission accomplished.  Look around.  The Advent Movement is a train wreck; a corrupt disgrace for all to see.

Hidden Documents

It is time for the Adventist Community to wake up and repent for allowing their incompetent leaders to confuse and misdirect them into false paths.  The Denomination has obviously lost its’ way.  They need to repent about 1888, the IJ, and many other things, and return to the correct prophetic path, which is the Three Angels Messages.

Ellen White Predicts SDA’s Laid Low Before They Repent

According to Ellen White: “The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out--the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place.”   2SM 380, 1886.

The good news however is that Ellen White also predicts a time when the SDA’s will wake up and understand that the Laodicean Message is meant for them.  Then they will repent of the IJ and many other errors and move forward to the final level of Adventism, which is the 4th Angels Message.

Why did Ellen White predict that the LM would become so important to SDA’s?   Because the LM is the genuine Pre-Advent Judgment of the last church.  This realization will allow for the repudiation of Dan 8:14 as the PAJ, as well as for dramatic Gospel Reform, which leads to the last, Advent message.  The Fourth.

Revelation shows the last church, united, and correctly proclaiming the Gospel as they prepare for the 2nd Coming and the end of the world.  This happens in SDA eschatology under the 4th Angels Message, not the 3rd.

Rev. 18:1  After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illumined with his glory.

Listen to Ellen White:

I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen.  I was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the true Witness to the Laodiceans.  It will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver of the testimony, and it will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth.  This straight testimony some will not bear.  They will rise up against it, and this will cause a shaking among God's people.

I saw that the testimony of the true Witness has not been half heeded.  The solemn testimony, upon which the destiny of the church hangs, has been lightly esteemed, if not entirely disregarded.  This testimony must work deep repentance, and all that truly receive it, will obey it, and be purified…

Some had been shaken out, and left by the way.  The careless and indifferent who did not join with those who prized victory and salvation enough to agonize, persevere, and plead for it, did not obtain it, and they were left behind in darkness, and their numbers were immediately made up by others taking hold of the truth, and coming into the ranks.

The Great Controversy, by Ellen G. White, [1858]

Shake, Shake, Shake

It is time for the Advent Movement to return to the Protestant Gospel, as well as to the original view of the Three A’s.  (The one without the IJ in the 1st Angels Message.)  Thus it is the official repudiation of Traditional, Takoma Park Adventism and Glacier View that will cause the great shaking within the Denomination.  

The shaking that has taken place in North America is only a foretaste of what is ahead when the SDA’s start telling the truth.  Thus, the great shaking has yet to take place.  But it seems inevitable, especially after the world church voted that women pastors couldn’t be ordained in America.  Such a vote is a repudiation of the New Covenant by those legalistic SDA’s that have been taught the Old Covenant.  The Denomination exported to the world, the dark, legalistic side of Adventism, and now they are reaping the sad result.

Gal. 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

In the 21st century, those New Covenant minded SDA’s that are true to the Gospel, will return to the original eschatology of the 3 A’s.  They will remove the IJ and correct a host of other false doctrines and errors.  With the genuine theology of Adventism re-established, and the truth finally told about 1888, the Advent Movement will understand how to move forward to develop and proclaim the 4th Angels Message, which includes the New Covenant doctrine of the 7th day Sabbath.  This is still future.

Matt. 24:21 “For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.

Matt. 24:22 “Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.

Luke 21:25  “There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves,

Luke 21:26 men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Luke 21:27 “Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory.

Luke 21:28 “But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

1Th. 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1Th. 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Mark 4:23 “If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”

Tom Norris for Adventist Reform and All Experts.Com

Seventh-Day Adventists

Tom Norris

I can answer most any question about church history and theology, starting from 1818 when William Miller articulated the 1st Angels Message that became the foundation of the Adventist Movement. While this first prophetic message terminated in the spring of 1844, it was followed by what Adventists refer to as the 2nd Angels Message, which dates from the spring of 1844 until the great disappointment of October 22, 1844. By 1847, the 3rd Angels Message had been developed and this Sabbatarian theology represents the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Moreover, I can explain the historical and theological development of the SDA denomination from its beginning and on through the great Battle Creek schism that forced the SDA's to retreat to Takoma Park. Here the 20th century church recovered from their internal battles that had erupted at the 1888 General Conference in Minneapolis over the definition of the law and the Gospel. Fearing another repeat of this disaster, President Daniels, determined to hide this debate. However, this policy led to more conflict, especially over the role and authority of Ellen White, a unique and accomplished religious writer that had remarkable spiritual gifts. However, by the decade of the 1970`s, the church once again erupted into debate. The hierarchy settled the turmoil in 1980 with the trial of Dr. Desmond Ford at Glacier View. Here Dr. Ford was exiled because he supposedly disagreed with Ellen White over the Fundamentals. But this controversial action resulted in another major schism that is still in progress today.

Tom Norris was raised as a Seventh-day Adventist in Takoma Park, Md. He attended SDA grade and High schools, moving on to study Adventist theology at Columbia Union College. He also spent significant time conducting independent research in the General Conference Archives and the Ellen G. White Estate. Over the years he has also interviewed a number of prominent Adventist scholars, theologians, and Pastors ranging from the late Arthur White to the exiled Dr. Desmond Ford. In addition, he has amassed a large private library, which includes numerous rare books and manuscripts about Adventist theology and history. He is presently the online editor of Adventist Reform, and can be found at Adventist for Tomorrow answering questions online about SDA theology and history as well as promoting Adventist Reform.

Tom Norris attended SDA grade and High schools, moving on to study Adventist theology at Columbia Union College. He also spent significant time conducting independent research in the General Conference Archives and the Ellen G. White Estate.