Seventh-Day Adventists/Origin of the Sabbath

Frank wrote at 2015-05-19 14:04:45
The issue is, was the first seventh day the Sabbath day of the 4th commandment?

The truth becomes apparent when we look honestly at the scriptures.

"(Genesis 2:2 KJV)  And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

(Genesis 2:3 KJV)  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Verse 2 says God 1. ended His work (on the seventh day). 2. He rested from His work (on the seventh day).

Verse 3 says God blessed and sanctified it (when it was ended) because in it he had rested.

What becomes very clear is that God blessed and sanctified the seventh day when it ended because in it He had rested.

Even though the Genesis account doesn't call the seventh day the Sabbath day it can be no other because if it were not then God did not bless and sanctify the seventh day at all since it was over when He blessed and sanctified it. The proof of that is in the 4th commandment itself.

Exodus 20:11 KJV) "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Here we have the scripture proof necessary to understand that the seventh day that God blessed and sanctified in the account of creation is the Sabbath day of the 4th commandment.

In Christ's love,

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics