Seventh-Day Adventists/God's Seal

Question
I read in Eph 1:13-14 & 4:30, also in 2 Cor 1:22 that God's seal is the Holy Spirit. I am conflicted with SDA belief that the 7th day is God's Seal. Specifically in keeping the 7th day holy as the Sabbath Day. Am I wrong about this belief and can you shed light on this topic to help me understand where SDA's get this from? Thank you for any assistance.

Answer
Dear Brother Darren:

You are correct that the seal of God is the Holy Spirit.  

"Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise" (Ephesians 1:13 NASB).

"Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption" (Ephesians 4:30 NASB).

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come" (2 Corinthians 1:21-22 NIV).

Ellen White, the prophet of SDAism, said, "In these things I saw great danger; for if the mind is filled with other things, present truth is shut out, and there is no place in our foreheads for the seal of the living God. This seal is the Sabbath." (Present Truth Jan. 31, 1849). Since their prophet said quite clearly that the seal of God is the Sabbath that ends all discussion on the topic for traditional SDAs. The SDA apologists have to find support for this "truth" of Ellen White. But the passages you listed negate any of their attempts to support her teaching. There is no Bible verses that say the seal of God is the Sabbath, but you have noted the verses that do say that the Holy Spirit is the seal of God.

Have a Blessed Day,
Brother Sal

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal