Seventh-Day Adventists/3 horns

Question
Greetings

I have heard that the Papacy uprooted three horns, it removed three kingdoms.

Heruli 493AD
Vandals 534AD
Ostrogoths 538AD

Here is the problem if you look into history the Ostrogoths were not uprooted by year 538 but rather in 555AD.

I was told the third horn was actually the rugians, I also came across a web site that goes into much detail on the rugians been third horn. Here is the link http://www.666man.net/Three_Horns_Study_of_Daniel_7.html

Go to part 5 in link above

Was Ellen White wrong or what is happening here? Did the papacy really uproot three horns?

Answer
Brett,

I am no authority on civil history.  I can unequivocally state that the papal power *did* uproot three of the ten prophetic horns.  Why?  Because the Bible says so.  But, the Bible does not say which of the ten divisions of Rome would be uprooted and it does not give specific years to accomplish it so there can be some differences of opinion there.

So, no, I do not believe Ellen White was necessarily wrong.  She was simply giving her opinion based upon the research she had available to her at the time.  You see, it was not God that told her which of the ten tribes were uprooted so she was not speaking that information as a prophet -- but simply as a person who did the best she could with the available research of the time.

People make the mistake of thinking that Ellen White has to be correct in absolutely everything she says just because she was otherwise a prophet of God.  Well, even the Apostle Paul admitted that he sometimes spoke his own, personal opinions and not because he had special revelation from God.  People are humans, first.  We do the best we can.  We shouldn't go around trying to find fault with what people say or try to discount everything a person says just because they said something which doesn't seem to fit with what we think we know.

May God richly bless you in direct proportion to your desire to know, and to do, the full truth even as it is in Yehsh' haMshyach, Jesus Christ, The Messiah, our Lord, and our Saviour.  Awmane!

Sincerely,
Dave

Seventh-Day Adventists

Dave L Clark