Sewing/Bradford sewing machine

Justin wrote at 2009-01-06 03:25:02
I recently purchased the same model and got it to work fine, the threading was very similar to a regular machine and once the needle picked up the bobbin it sewed no problem.

cmu7476 wrote at 2009-03-16 16:30:42
I purchased a deluxe Bradford Sewing Machine that came with an owner's manual, but it had no copywrite date, etc. on it. The sewing machine is an aqua blue color and in really good shape. The tension needs to be fixed and the rubber covering on the small bobbin wheel needs to be replaced, but it is a wonderful machine. I would love to find the extra parts for it. I cannot find any information on this either. The owner's manual states that it was printed in Japan, but no date on it.

Heather H. wrote at 2010-01-21 02:41:53
I just picked up almost this exact same machine. Beautiful condition, was last serviced in 1984. It's a Bradford Model 040. I cannot figure out how to thread the upper part, it is so unlike my modern machine. Did anyone ever find a manual or figure out how to thread this machine?

marliah wrote at 2010-01-28 03:09:06
I also just found one, the exact one you posted, model number 7095, has anyone found a manual or any information on these machines, it appears to be working well, I just guessed on the threading but its sewing great. I would love to know more about the machine though and am especially wanting a manual or any instructions about it.

Denise wrote at 2010-03-16 01:22:50
It has been so long that perhaps no one will ever see the answer to this question, but I have a Bradford sewing machine, and it was manufactured by Brother. Many machines sold by department stores back in the day had the store's own label on them but were manufactured by other companies.  You may want to look for a similar-looking Brother model that is close in model number (it won't be exact) and get the manual for that.  That's what I had to do for mine. For example, check out the Brother manuals on this page:  http://www.sewingmanuals.com/Sewing_Machine_Manuals/Brother.htm  Hope this helps.

denise wrote at 2010-08-29 16:29:51
i have a machine very close to this model. i have model 040.  i am using it a ton too! i have the instruction manual that comes with it!!   

to wind the bobbin: loosen the balance wheel by turining it toward you. place a spool of thread on the top spool pin.   pass the end of the thread thru the notch on the top front upper left corner then thru the disk on the bottom right corner (looks like a button).  wind the bobbin several times, place bobbin on spindle of bobbn winder (attached to balance wheel) my bobbins have a small notch so you can lock it in. then just push the pedal.... magic. bobbin should wind.

to thread machine: make sure take-up lever is in highest position. place spool of thread on top of machine. pass thread thru notch on upper left back of machine then down between the tension discs, over the tension thread guard (looks like a hook connected to tension discs). bring thread forward to small spring wire go thru the wire (bottom to top) then up to take-up lever (pass thread back to front) down side of machine thru a eyelet (hook) connected on side then down to needle (one more hook above needle) then thru needle from left to right.

hope this helps.   i could probably make a copy somehow and get it to you??

Miss Kitt wrote at 2010-10-21 07:42:22
I know this question was posed a long time ago but as anyone putting a Google search for a Bradford machine is will have this come up, the machine is a badged Japanese clone of the Singer 15 class made in the '50s and '60s, and still made in India and China as a HA-1 or JA-1. It's actually better than a 15, but a manual for a 15 will suffice for threading.

dave wrote at 2015-01-17 14:05:06
Found the manual for your machine

http://sewingparts.co.uk/instructions/bradford-manuals.html

Ree wrote at 2015-07-31 20:26:53
W T Grant co put the name Bradford on there machines made in Japan. I am looking for more info. They went out of business 1976. The machines were made in the 70's

Pattie H wrote at 2016-08-07 04:12:03
I have a Bradford Model 450 I purchased in 1972, it has been a great machine but I am in need of a tension spring. Anyone know where to get one? And I have a manual I'm willing to scan and share if someone needs it.

Sewing

Sharon Vogel