Sewing/Consew 217

Hi Norman - wondering if you know anything about the Consew 217 industrial sewing machine?  I know of one that is available but I can't find much info on it - specs, abilities, uses, features, etc.

Any info would be a great help.

Thank you.

Hi Kevin, most industrial sewing machines are fairly equal in value. If it has a built in walking foot it will go through 3 or 4 pieces of leather and sew through denim very easily. If it only has a regular straight pressure foot it will only go through denim and will have a difficult time with leather...depending on what you want it for they are both very good for each of their purposes...the straight foot will also sew finer material also...

I hope this helps you decide on what you want to buy...

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.