Sewing/Singer does not zig zag

My Singer 500 will not do anything but a straight stitch and the needle is stuck to the left.  Can you tell me how to get it to move The lever for moving it moves freely but nothing happens. I have lubed and oiled the entire machine.  I am not sure what is suppose to move.

There are many machines hat only straight stitch. I am not sure if you mean that it does not zig zag because
It came with straight stitch only or if you mean that it's broken.

The first thing would be to change the needle but this s a mechanical question. This.  Not
A sewing question.  You need to take your machine  to someone that is licensed to repair machines.
Even as a sewing teacher , we can only fix clogged up machine , this is more intensive

Donna Webster

Any questions related to sewing, designing or fabricating window treatments, and residential interior decorating

I am a certified teacher in Illinois qualified to teach Interior design, Sewing and textiles, nutrition, family living. I have taught high school, adult education classes and college level Interior design classes for students going into the career.

American Society for Interior Designers, AWCN America's window covering network. Wcaa. Chamber of commerce locally.

DWC magazine (drapery window covering) Oct. 1998 page 26 North Shore Magazine, Illinois March 2003 Remarkable women magazine, spring 2006 See my website for more

Bachelors of Education and arts from Northern Illinois Unv. in Illinois. with a comprehensive major in Home Economics. Graduate work at National Lewis and Xavier college in the area of education.

Chicago Design Team, and Trans Designs div. in Itasca Illinois best designer for 1993 and 1994 DWC magazine

Dimucci builders- model homes 1994-1996 Michelle Amari- South Barrington, 1997- Meryl Rotzien-- 2 homes Hawthorn Woods, 2006-2011 Joan Endorf-- Barrington, Illinios 1997- present jennefer Teetz- Barrington Hills, Illinois 2007 Margaret Lynn --2 homes South Barrington, Illinios 1999-2011 Cissy Balut-- 2 homes North Barrington, Illinois 1997-2010 Nadine Zei- North Barrington, 1998- present Sharon Niemenski- many homes, South Barrington, Illinois 1996-present Jenny Newman- 2 homes Deerfield , Illinois 2002 ot present Donna Fine-a designer Northbrook , Illinos 2007 to present Renai Marin-- a designer Barrington, Illinois 2010 -present Michelle Mirrellees- a designer, Oak Park, Illinios 2008-present