Sewing/double fitted

Question
Hello
Q1: I have a fitted queen sheet and have a double bed, its too big for the bed. Please tell me how you would make this queen fitted sheet into a double fitted sheet??

Q2: What size flat sheet do I need to make a double fitted sheet??

Q3: Do you cut out a 12" square in each corner, then sew together, add elastic?? This is what I have heard.

Thank you M.

Answer
Bea,

1. Measure your double mattress, width, length, height and allow 2" to tuck under the mattress.  Take the queen sheet apart (hem and corners)  and cut to new measurements.  The corner cut will be the height of the mattress plus the tuck in allowance the goes under the mattress.  

Sew corners, hem with small hem and add elastic on corners our around the entire hem.

2.  It depends on your mattress measurements and the size of the flat sheet.

3. Refer to answer 1.

Hope this helps,

Claudia
www.homefashionsu.com
www.hfusewingonline.com

Sewing

Claudia Buchanan