Sewing/old universal machine

Question
Hello, Norman...Do you have any information on an old Universal sewing machine that I found at a rummage sale for two bucks? It seems to work great. It was only missing a bobbin holder. The feed dogs can be moved from down to silk to up. All parts are metal. It uses the old flat metal bobbin with lots of holes. The main question I have is about the two the thread holders on top ,back and front, toward the left side of the machine. Each has three holes. I see two spool holders on top and one below, all on the back. Can this machine sew with three spools? It has several sizes of zig zag and straight stitch. Does it hold three needles?...or do they make a triple needle? I would really appreciate any answers you have. Also, if I hear from you I could easily send you a picture of it.  Thank you, Alice

Answer
Hi Alice, I know they do make a double needle...the bottom needle holder is for threading the bobbin...I believe the three holes are for certain types of threads...making it better for sewing...I loop through all three hole on my industrial machine when sewing...it keeps the thread flowing better when I sew fast.

I hope this helps you...these are very smooth machine to sew with...some of the newer one vibrate quite a lot...enjoy sewing with it...

Norman  

Sewing

Norman Roy