Sewing/sewing machine problems

Question
I have a singer 7422.  The bobbin carriage apparatus keeps popping up while I am sewing.  As you can imagine this causes a mess as it prevents the top thread from getting all the way around the apparatus and catching the bobbin thread.  Please help I am desperate!!

Answer
If you have checked through this list and everything seems to be ok then you need plan b.

1. The needle is the correct size and the machine is threaded correctly.
2.the machine  is cleaned out on the inside and properly oiled.
3. If you have a bobbin case , does the tiny screw in the case have the right tension and did you through the case in the correct direction.
See your manual if you are not sure.

If all of these items are fine here is plan b

Plan B.   the timing on your machine maybe off and you may need to take it for servicing and repair.
The timing has to do with the motion of the needle and take up lever that goes up and down. Thus, it could be hitting the bobbin
At the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Having taught junior students for many years. I have a lot of experience with these problems

Sewing

Donna Webster