Sewing/201-2 convert to hand crank

I am looking at purchasing a 201-2 singer sewing machine.  I wanted a model that was not dependent on electricity but this model gets great reviews and the Art Deco cabinet is gorgeous.  I want the ability to convert it if needed.

This would be a little harder to convert because the hand wheel does not support a hand crank or belt...if you can find a hand wheel to replace this one it would work...the motor is connected directly to the hand wheel on this model which makes it more difficult to change over. You will need to find a wheel with spokes in order for the hand crank to fit.

There are not as many of these on the market so it might be harder to find parts.

I would look for the parts before buying to make sure you get what you want.

I hope this information helps...

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.