Sewing/Singer Touch& Sew 603E

The top thread doesn't always catch the thread from the bobbin. It will make a few stitches right, then there could be an inch or more where the top thread hasn't caught the bobbin thread. What can I check for to remedy this problem

This would be too difficult a machine for you to time...but there are things you can do...change the change the use a fine #400 grey sand paper from your local hardware store and sand the needle plate hole all around...also sand the hook under the needle plate...the hook gets hit by the needle and gets a sliver so sand very good all around the hook...

This seems to me to be your problem...if the timing was off it would skip a lot more...since you have it open blow out and clean the inside with an old tooth brush between the feed dogs...use a Q-tip cotton swab and oil where the bobbin case sits lightly...

The feed dogs by the way is what moves your material...

This should keep you this as often as you can never clean your machine too gathers a lot of lint.

Happy sewing...

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.