Sewing/Singer Touch& Sew 603E

Question
The top thread doesn't always catch the thread from the bobbin. It will make a few stitches right, then there could be an inch or more where the top thread hasn't caught the bobbin thread. What can I check for to remedy this problem

Answer
This would be too difficult a machine for you to time...but there are things you can do...change the thread...next change the needle...next use a fine #400 grey sand paper from your local hardware store and sand the needle plate hole all around...also sand the hook under the needle plate...the hook gets hit by the needle and gets a sliver so sand very good all around the hook...

This seems to me to be your problem...if the timing was off it would skip a lot more...since you have it open blow out and clean the inside with an old tooth brush between the feed dogs...use a Q-tip cotton swab and oil where the bobbin case sits lightly...

The feed dogs by the way is what moves your material...

This should keep you sewing...do this as often as you like...you can never clean your machine too much...it gathers a lot of lint.

Happy sewing...

Normand

Sewing

Norman Roy