Sewing/Sewmor 960 sewing machine

Newsewer wrote at 2012-11-21 17:38:15
Hi have had this machine for a couple of years never used it before. Sowmor 960.  I am not sure if it is threaded correctly. The thread comes out of the needle as I am sewing.   Any have the instructions as to how it should be threaded?

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.