Sewing/sewing

Question
how to price a sewing job as i get women that  want me to sew cheap because thy know my friend.next door simple 40x40 for her window  she think 15.00 is too much. i,m not selling my self short.

Answer
That's unfortunate that they would say that.
However, you have to treat the situation like a professional.
Normally......
You might be looking at the job by how much time it took you
And they probably do not realize how much time and effort
Went into the sewing of the project.  So, we cannot be vague about it.

A true professional would have a sheet or a price chart with various
Types of window treatment styles and then you would charge
By the foot going across for valances. And you would charge by the width
Of fabric for drapes and panels. An operable roman shade or baloon
Would be charging by the square foot. This way it's cut and dry but not
Negotiable. Drapery workrooms charge this way for sure. Lining, banding
Or sewing on trim is extra .

if you charge 20per foot for a box pleated Val. On a board and the valance
Is 63" round it up to 6 feet. So the labor cost is 120
A drape at 25 per width and a window that needs 2 side skinny panels
At width of fabric each would be 50 plus lining would be extra labor costs.

Don't ever say your price is an estimate cause then they think there is wiggle room
In the price. A price quote off your written sheet would give the final price no
Matter how long it took you and the customer would be fine when it's all in writing.

Act like a professional, not a friend and you will be respected that way.

Sewing

Donna Webster