Sewing/Cabinet for Singer Merritt 2404

Hello Mr Roy, I hope you can help me. I have had my Singer Merritt 2404 sewing machine since 1985. I have been looking off and on trying to find a wooden cabinet that it would fit in. I am not sure how to determine if a paticular cabinet would fit my machine. Can you help me in figuring out what type of cabinet would fit this sewing machine. Thank you.

Most old cabinets would would have to measure the hole size of the cabinet and also measure how far apart the hinges are as compared to the 2 hold where the hinges would go to hold the machine to the cabinet...the 2 hole are on the back side of the machine...

I hope this helps you choose the right one...

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.