Sewing/Kenmore Sewing Machine not creating stitches

My Kenmore Sewing Machine model 385-179222 is suddenly not making any stitches.  I have gone through the troubleshooting in the manual including putting in a new needle, adjusting the tension, rethreaded both the upper thread and the bobbin. Wonder if it has something to do with the timing which is not covered in the manual.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This definitely sounds like a timing problem...You will have to take it to a Kenmore repairman or a repairman that has the proper timing wrench...there is only one wrench that works and Sears in Canada is the only one who has them...not sure where you are the States I'm not familiar with who services them...

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.