Sewing/LOOKING FOR SEWING MACHINE...

Question
HELLO:

I AM ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT SEWING AND JUST LEARNING THE BASICS, WOULD LIKE TO GRADUATE TO USE AN INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINE BUT THEY ARE QUITE EXPENSIVE, NOT SURE IF I NEED ONE SO I AM LOOKING AROUND AND FINDING MANY VINTAGE SEWING MACHINES ADVERTISED AS HEAVY DUTY, 50'S OR 60'S LOOK LIKE VERY HEAVY AND WELL MADE, COULD THEY DO THE SAME THICKNESS AS AN INDUSTRIAL? IE: DOUBLED OR TRIPLED DENIM OR UPHOLSTERY? (LIKE I SAW DEMONSTRATIONS ON YOUTUBE)

Answer
Hi Penny; If you are a professional sewer you can make any sewing machine look good...but a domestic sewing machine does not do the same as an industrial...to sew upholstery you must use industrial sewing machine...I could do the same thing but even I would have a hard time sewing upholstery...as far as denim a Pfaff sewing machine will do a great job sewing through 3 layers of denim. I use a Pfaff and would not trade it for the world...it is the best domestic sewing machine as far as I'm concerned...more expensive but less cursing and complaining...it has a built in walking foot and sews denim jeans wonderfully.

Sewing

Norman Roy