Sewing/altering jumpsuit in the crotch--to long also the legs are to wide, need to take in about 3".

Question
I'm altering a jumpsuit and the legs are to baggy. I want to take in the bagginess in the legs as well as shorten the crotch area a little. How would I do this?

Answer
It's best to take it in  on the side seams or center seams going vertically. Always leave at least 1. " for easement to move.

Changing the crotch is a difficult thing. Because to shorten it you would need more fabric in the crotch.
So unless you can pull up the whole jumpsuit by. Taking in the shoulder seam ( horizontally on shoulder ,,there is no
Way to correct. You need that curve line in the crotch. So you can't touch  the crotch seam.

Sewing

Donna Webster