Sewing/Thread breaking mod 15-91 singer

Question
My 15-91 Singer is suddenly breaking the thread at or near the needle. Sometimes it will sew from 1" to 3" before it  happens and sometimes it will only go about one or two threads.

Have tried adjusting the tension to several different levels with no improvement.

Have also removed some rough burrs on the presser foot slot that I could feel with my finger.

Don't know what to try next, short of going to a service shop.

Answer
There are probably rough edges on the needle hook, remove the bobbin case an sand that area carefully the needle plate should be sanded also. The only reason it would change so quickly is rough edges or weak thread, check your thread also to see if it breaks easily.

This should get you back sewing again.

Norman.

Sewing

Norman Roy