Sewing/Thread breaking mod 15-91 singer

My 15-91 Singer is suddenly breaking the thread at or near the needle. Sometimes it will sew from 1" to 3" before it  happens and sometimes it will only go about one or two threads.

Have tried adjusting the tension to several different levels with no improvement.

Have also removed some rough burrs on the presser foot slot that I could feel with my finger.

Don't know what to try next, short of going to a service shop.

There are probably rough edges on the needle hook, remove the bobbin case an sand that area carefully the needle plate should be sanded also. The only reason it would change so quickly is rough edges or weak thread, check your thread also to see if it breaks easily.

This should get you back sewing again.

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.