How do you calculate it?
How do you figure out the size of a pillowcase?  
The Finished Size is 21" width by 32"length.
How much body to cut ? to buy?
How much trim (Fold in half )?  to buy?
How much band (hem)(Fold in half) ? to buy?
1/2" seam allowance

Is you fabric 48" wide or 54" wide?

I'm going to assume it is 48" cotton or flannel.
1. Your seam allowance is 1.2" on the sides
2. You should allow a 4" hem + 1/2" turn under at the edge
3. 32" long pillow + 1/2" seam at bottom + 4 1/2" at top = Cut 37" long
4  Cut with 21" wide + 1/2" seam allowance on each side = Cut 22" wide

If you are trimming the pillow around the opening 42" + over lap for trim + buy 45"
If you are sewing a band the band would have a 1/2" seam allowance, you would cut it the same width of the pillow.

Hope this helps,

Claudia Buchanan

I can answer most all questions about sewing and fabricating home decor projects. I can not answer questions about clothing,kniting,crafts,etc.

Yes, I have owned a professional interior design workroom for 15 years. We specialize in window treatments, bedding, slipcovers, pillows,etc. I also teach hands-on sewing and business classes in my studio.

Window Coverings Association of America, American Sewing Guild, Workroom Association of America, Slipcover Network, Drapery Pro

Press Release in local news paper, Threads Magazine in fall 2012

Owner of Home Fashions U and we teach Home Decor sewing classes and I have owned a professional drapery workroom for over 15 years. We specialized in slipcovers, bedding, draperies and window coverings. I'm also a trainer for the Slipcover Summit which is held annually. Attended workshops and training class at trade events.

Slipcover Fabrication awards from the Custom Home Furnishing Conference in Greenville,SC

We have a online sewing supply store for home sewers and decorators. I sew retail and wholesale for the Interior Desing Trade.