When you go to the store and have fabric cut, its unrolled from a bolt and cut. When its unrolled to be cut it that the width or length??
Q2: When the fabric is folded in half, fold is at the bottom, raw edges at the top. Which way is width?? and length?? thank you B.

If you unfold it you can get a better idea.your confused because its folded.
The width is goes from selvage to selvage. the selvage is the finished  taped edge.
The cut edge is the length.  So the width is going to be 45" wide or it would be
54" wide for decorative fabrics.  

The reason why the fabric is folded in half most patterns need two copies of
Each.  If you are cutting out a pattern ...the arrows on the pattern should
Go in the same direction as the selvages.
You didn't explain what you are making.

Donna Webster

Any questions related to sewing, designing or fabricating window treatments, and residential interior decorating

I am a certified teacher in Illinois qualified to teach Interior design, Sewing and textiles, nutrition, family living. I have taught high school, adult education classes and college level Interior design classes for students going into the career.

American Society for Interior Designers, AWCN America's window covering network. Wcaa. Chamber of commerce locally.

DWC magazine (drapery window covering) Oct. 1998 page 26 North Shore Magazine, Illinois March 2003 Remarkable women magazine, spring 2006 See my website for more

Bachelors of Education and arts from Northern Illinois Unv. in Illinois. with a comprehensive major in Home Economics. Graduate work at National Lewis and Xavier college in the area of education.

Chicago Design Team, and Trans Designs div. in Itasca Illinois best designer for 1993 and 1994 DWC magazine

Dimucci builders- model homes 1994-1996 Michelle Amari- South Barrington, 1997- Meryl Rotzien-- 2 homes Hawthorn Woods, 2006-2011 Joan Endorf-- Barrington, Illinios 1997- present jennefer Teetz- Barrington Hills, Illinois 2007 Margaret Lynn --2 homes South Barrington, Illinios 1999-2011 Cissy Balut-- 2 homes North Barrington, Illinois 1997-2010 Nadine Zei- North Barrington, 1998- present Sharon Niemenski- many homes, South Barrington, Illinois 1996-present Jenny Newman- 2 homes Deerfield , Illinois 2002 ot present Donna Fine-a designer Northbrook , Illinos 2007 to present Renai Marin-- a designer Barrington, Illinois 2010 -present Michelle Mirrellees- a designer, Oak Park, Illinios 2008-present