Sewing/What is it

Would you please tell me what the FINISHED SIZE is of this pillowcase?
Cut out 22"x 42" (standard fabric from 42"to44")length
Cut out accent strip 2"x42"
Cut out border (band) 11"x42"
1/2" seam allowance
Thank you B.

A calculator is a great tool for this!  

42-1/2" seam allowance = 41 1/2
Accent strip 2" -1/2"seam allowance on both edges = 1 inch
Band 11" (are you double folding the band ?) 11" -1/2" seam allowance on both edges = 10"

Not knowing how you are sewing this together you now have 41 1/2 + 1 + 10 = 52 1/2"  

Now I'm confused.

Lay your fabric out and use a tape measure to figure the measurements.

Claudia Buchanan

I can answer most all questions about sewing and fabricating home decor projects. I can not answer questions about clothing,kniting,crafts,etc.

Yes, I have owned a professional interior design workroom for 15 years. We specialize in window treatments, bedding, slipcovers, pillows,etc. I also teach hands-on sewing and business classes in my studio.

Window Coverings Association of America, American Sewing Guild, Workroom Association of America, Slipcover Network, Drapery Pro

Press Release in local news paper, Threads Magazine in fall 2012

Owner of Home Fashions U and we teach Home Decor sewing classes and I have owned a professional drapery workroom for over 15 years. We specialized in slipcovers, bedding, draperies and window coverings. I'm also a trainer for the Slipcover Summit which is held annually. Attended workshops and training class at trade events.

Slipcover Fabrication awards from the Custom Home Furnishing Conference in Greenville,SC

We have a online sewing supply store for home sewers and decorators. I sew retail and wholesale for the Interior Desing Trade.