Sewing/Buying a used serger

Question
I'm looking to buy a used serger and wanted to know what to look for and what problems I might expect. This would be my first serger for light use making napkins, towels, scarves, easy stuff. What is your opinion regarding a tried and true machine and what would you avoid at all costs. The machine I am currently looking at is a Singer Professional 14U13.
Thanks much.
Tammy

Answer
I really like the Babylock sergers...I would say the singer 14U13 is also a very good machine...what you may want to know is why is someone selling a perfectly good machine...it still could be good but check anyway...try it out first to make sure it works...don't want one with too much wear and tear...

Normand

Sewing

Norman Roy