Sewing/Singer sewing machine 348

Question
My machine is "locked" it seems to be a bobbin jam in the parts under the bobbin case

Answer
Hi Margaret, don't be afraid to open the bottom and check around...there should be no gears to jam the machine...it operates with a timing belt...there must be a needle or a lot of thread caught up under the bobbin case...clean it out really good and use a touch of oil...it could also be that there is thread wrapped around the thread take up arm inside the nose cone...you might need tweezers or needle nose pliers to get it out...

Try these things it should get you sewing again soon...

Norman  

Sewing

Norman Roy