Sewing/128 singer wiring

I picked up a pair of cute little singer 128's off craigslist. the blackside with a foot pedal was easy to rewire the the diagrams posted on the internet. the older one from I think 1928 has me scratching my head. it's in the bentwood box and takes a knee control. there are 3 wires coming from inside the motor instead of 2 and has 2 screw connections and 2 solder ones. It was half wired when i got it and thought it would be fun to play with. it has 2 pins sticking up out of the little box to the knee control but no other obvious holes to get wire from there to the motor. Not sure if i am missing parts other than the obvious cord with a plug on the end...

from what I can tell without seeing your wire goes to the light an 2 for the speed control...without a tester this could be tricky...not sure how much experience you have with wiring so this one might have to go to a service person...just don't electrocute yourself...please...

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.