Sewing/Altering dress with multiple panels

I'm making a beautiful dress with Vogue pattern #panel. It has a center front panel with a cross over bodice and collar. the front has a panel on each side of the front center front panel. The back has 4 panels, a center left, center right, left side back and right side back.

I made the muslin version so I could fit and alter my pattern before sewing with expensive fabric.  My body is a pear shape so I need more room in my hips, but mostly in my seat! The seat will need a minimum of about 5" total. Should I add 1" to each front side panels, 1" to each side panel back and  1" to each back panel for a total of 6"?  It shouldn't be fitted on the hip and bottom and that would give me some room to alter further. I can email you a picture of the pattern so you can see the dress.

Thank you!

Usually adding the extra to the side seams should be enough but 5" is a lot t add.
I don't think it would do any good to add to the front panels when you need it n the seat. Add some to the back
Panels add to the side seams you are realiy adding the same  amount to the front side seam as well the back.
Start at  waist and taper outward to the hip and go straight down to the hemline. Don't curve back in.
You would add an inch to each side seam which is really 2 " on each side and then add an inch to the center back.
That makes 6" but cut it down if you only need 5".
However, is the muslin fabric the same as the real fabric you're using? That's a good question.
Cause muslin is a plain woven stiff fabric. It should be comparable  

Donna Webster

Any questions related to sewing, designing or fabricating window treatments, and residential interior decorating

I am a certified teacher in Illinois qualified to teach Interior design, Sewing and textiles, nutrition, family living. I have taught high school, adult education classes and college level Interior design classes for students going into the career.

American Society for Interior Designers, AWCN America's window covering network. Wcaa. Chamber of commerce locally.

DWC magazine (drapery window covering) Oct. 1998 page 26 North Shore Magazine, Illinois March 2003 Remarkable women magazine, spring 2006 See my website for more

Bachelors of Education and arts from Northern Illinois Unv. in Illinois. with a comprehensive major in Home Economics. Graduate work at National Lewis and Xavier college in the area of education.

Chicago Design Team, and Trans Designs div. in Itasca Illinois best designer for 1993 and 1994 DWC magazine

Dimucci builders- model homes 1994-1996 Michelle Amari- South Barrington, 1997- Meryl Rotzien-- 2 homes Hawthorn Woods, 2006-2011 Joan Endorf-- Barrington, Illinios 1997- present jennefer Teetz- Barrington Hills, Illinois 2007 Margaret Lynn --2 homes South Barrington, Illinios 1999-2011 Cissy Balut-- 2 homes North Barrington, Illinois 1997-2010 Nadine Zei- North Barrington, 1998- present Sharon Niemenski- many homes, South Barrington, Illinois 1996-present Jenny Newman- 2 homes Deerfield , Illinois 2002 ot present Donna Fine-a designer Northbrook , Illinos 2007 to present Renai Marin-- a designer Barrington, Illinois 2010 -present Michelle Mirrellees- a designer, Oak Park, Illinios 2008-present