Sewing/Nelco machine

I purchased a Nelco sewing machine at a yardsale.  It runs great except it seems to be locked in zigzag.  I have the manual with it and have followed the steps for a straight stitch but it won't switch over.  Thanks

The only thing I can tell you without seeing it is to spray WD-40 lubricant inside the might be seized by old oil or have some rust...soak it good...make sure you use a good sewing oil to lubricate it...not a 3-in-1 type oil...

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.