Sewing/slide plate of Singer Slantomatic 403 special

Somehow the plate has come off its "rails" and I can not re-install it. The ends of the spring below must obviously run in the slots on the lower side of the plate, but I can not get them to mate. What is the trick? Thanks

in order to re-install the slide plate you have to do it backwards...bring the plate in not from the front but back it in sliding backwards from the needle will need a small screw driver to guide the spring into the side slots...I hope the is clear for you...

Normand Roy

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.