Sewing/box pleated draperies full length

Question
QUESTION: Dear Karen,
I am making full length box pleated drapes,I am stuck on the header measurements . I don't know weather the return should end with a pleat on the corner like a valance or should have a space , then the return amount. I also struggle with trying to hide the seam and getting my measurements equal and ending on a space

ANSWER: Thanks for asking

Usually one will put a pleat at the corner of the return and then have the return go back towards the wall to finish.

Does that make sense?

Did you join two full widths of fabric and are working in this manner to hide the seam?

always
Karen Erickson
www.homefashionsu.com

QUESTION: Dear Karen Thank you ,Yes this answers my question . I have another one . I have joined two fabric widths, so in order to hide the seam my sides become lopsided , so to make the spaces equal i have to make some pleats deeper than others to get the right spacing and have a return and an overlap on the ends . will this be ok to do.
thank you PS i am using a 4in space and 6 to 7 in pleats is this a proper amount ?
thank you so much Cheryl

Answer
Sorry for the delay I have been away.

Not sure what you mean by sides being lopsided.

5 inches between pleats is the norm but you can do whatever you'd like to do.

You have said these are box pleated, so they are not opening and closing, right?  They are stationary?

If so make your return and side hem.  Cut off any extra fabric you don't need.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks
Karen Erickson
homefashionu@gmail.com

do feel free to write me at my email address and send photos.  

Sewing

Karen Erickson