Sewing/Kenmore Sewing machine

Question
QUESTION: My machine is an Ultra Stitch 10 model 13501 - it sews but regardless of how much pressure I put on the pedal, the machine is chugging V-E-R-Y slowly. I have taken it apart to oil it and no difference. Is the motor shot?

ANSWER: Loosen the hand wheel and see if it goes as fast as it should. Also try turning the hand wheel to see if it is too stiff, if it turns easy I would say the motor is finished.

Norman

QUESTION: Well the hand wheel is as tight as can be.  Loosening the portion of the wheel that disengages the clutch makes no difference. It has been sitting for a couple of months and I just plugged it in to try what you suggested. It's grown so bad that it groans to move at all now.

Answer
What you would have to do is take it apart and loosen everything, because it is completely seized. This would take some considerable knowledge with sewing machine to do this and some very good tools, also a special tool for the timing that can only be found at Sears.

Is there is a Sears dealership or store they should have a service repairman.

that would be the only way to go. don't forget that Sears sells some pretty good machine for reasonable prices so make sure the price is right, get an estimate before allowing them to work on it.

Norman

Sewing

Norman Roy