Sewing/Needle Threader for Singer Slant-O-Matic 500

Is there an effective after market needle threader that can be mounted on a Singer Slant-O-Matic 500?  When this machine was new, it was not problem.  Unlike the machine, I've aged.  I would like to use it more, but threading is just too much trouble now days.  Can you help?

Thank you,

PS--I enjoyed your privacy policy!

Hi Midge, I have gotten older also and learned to thread the needle for my needs. When you cut the thread cut at an angle and wet down the tip, there is a grove on the needle and it will find it's way into the eye easier. By an angle I mean like a spear. Also if you place a white paper behind the needle that helps too; a legally blind person taught me this and it works very well.

Happy sewing...

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.