Sewing/sew mor model 960 sewing machine

What are the reasons that the upper thread keeps breaking? I have tried everything and it still breaks.

Could be a few reasons, 1st I would get some gray #400 sand paper (very fine) and buff the needle thread hook where you put the bobbin. Then change the needle and re-thread your machine making sure it is in the take-up arm properly and the presser foot is in the up position to ensure the thread is between the discs. Also check your thread to make sure it is strong enough, try breaking it, if it breaks easy change it.

this should get you sewing again.

Norman Roy

Depending on the mechanical knowledge off owner, I can answer just about any question they ask. One lady asked about her feed dogs not going back up, some machines will not go back up unless you turn the wheel over, (start sewing). It sounds simple but sometimes you never think of it.

I've been servicing sewing machines since 1989, I still service machines for Northwestern Ontario Canada. It is a large area with little or no service people and I can usually tell on the phone if it can be fixed by the owner.

I took a 2 year apprentice course with a dealer who was looking to teach and hire. I worked for him for 8 years before moving up to the Northwest, Red Lake area of Ontario.