Sewing/15-91 not making stitch

Question
I ready your post on tension and was wondering if that would be the same procedure for the 15-91.  I have a new needle, it is all cleaned, good thread etc.  I just can't get the timing right to pick up the thread to make a stitch.
Is there some other timing adjustment that can be done besides the procedure with the lines on the needle bar?  The shuttle is the original and has not been messed with other than cleaned.
Thanks!

Answer
With the 15-91 you would have to loosen flanges to the bottom shaft to bring the hook closer to the needle. The flanges are what hold the bottom shaft from moving back and forth, if you can figure this out your on the right path. just make sure the machine is not plugged in to not injure yourself.

Norman

Sewing

Norman Roy