IS this consider applique????  If you cut out a piece of fabric that already has a Design on it and use that as your applique piece, then just add the fuse adhesive to it.  
Thank you Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Yes, that can certainly be considered applique! One trick that I find helps, is to apply the fusible adhesive to the back of the image before I cut it out. That way, the cut edges around the applique image will be flush with the adhesive.

And you'll still want to sew the applique to the project; the fusible adhesive isn't very sturdy on its own.

Happy Sewing!

Amie Scott

I can answer many questions related to craft sewing, fashion design, pattern drafting, clothing alterations, clothing repair, and simple home decor sewing projects. I can not answer question about machine repair/maintenance, quilting, knitting, embroidery or needlepoint.

I have been designing and sewing clothing and accessories professionally since 2003. I have two years of experience teaching basic machine sewing classes for adults. I have experience altering clothing and drafting sewing patterns for women's wear. Currently I own a retail shop with a sewing studio, where I design and produce my line of women's wear, and also offer custom sewing to clients.

Although I'm mostly self taught, I have taken some advanced online pattern drafting and clothing alterations classes. Of course, nothing beats actual hands on work, and I have over ten years of experience in professional sewing and fashion design.