Sewing/1924 cabinet singer sewing chair

Question
singer
singer  

cabinet chair
cabinet chair  
I have this singer sewing chair says 1924 with awesome new york fabric. Condition is great. Does it have any value?

Answer
Hi Jessica,

That's such a cool chair, and the fabric is lovely!

As for value, I think you'd have to search the internet to see the price points that others are using to sell similar chairs.

I do know that Singer was very prolific in the 20th century; they made tons of machines and tons of accessories. Unfortunately, this means that most of their products don't have large resale value, even the antiques (for example: it's pretty easy to find a 100-year-old Singer sewing machine on Craigslist or Ebay for about $150). Depending on how many chairs like yours are still kicking around, and the condition of your particular chair, you might get a little bit of money!

All the best,
Amie

Sewing

Amie Scott