Sewing/half inch seam.

Question
Hello
The seam allowance is 1/2" , ,where do I sew the piping? Thank you B

Answer
Hi again Beaa!

If the seam is 1/2", place the piping so that the stitching line of the piping is at the 1/2" point on the seam.  If you are making your own piping rather than using prepared piping, stitch the cord into the piping to prep it for use, and this stitching line is the one to place at the 1/2" point.

In case it helps, it is easier to place the piping on one piece of the fabric (right side) and stitch it in place, then lay that piece wrong side up on top of the other piece which will be the seam and use your previous stitching line as a guide to stitch over top of.

I hope this is a clear enough explanation!  Please let me know if I need to clarify further... and again, happy sewing :)

Jenna

Sewing

Jenna McAuliffe