Sewing/how to say it

Question
Hello
When you make something at home and then advertise to sell it. Do you say it's homemade or handmade? Thank  you B

Answer
Hi Beaa,

The wording you use is completely up to you and really depends on the way you want your customers to see your product.

Personally (and that means in my opinion alone, not speaking for others), I think some customers may see the word "homemade" as meaning less professional, therefore lower quality (and possibly lower cost), where using "handmade" suggests more care, personal attention, artisan quality

Have a think about your prospective customers and how you feel they will view your products, then choose the term you feel fits best.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your endeavours!

Jenna

Sewing

Jenna McAuliffe