Sewing/Tenision

Question
I changed the bobbin and thread on my brother machine and it seems to be sewing in reverse ?  Also the thread is bunching up under the material im sewing help please

Answer
Hi Lisa,

What a strange predicament! Sewing machines can be really finicky sometimes. Luckily, the solution is usually quite simple for most machine issues. My first and foremost advice would be to consult your manual because each machine is different, and there's only so much advice I can give without knowing your machine.

That being said, I suggest that you should start by removing the bobbin and thread, and check inside the bobbin case for any loose bits of thread that might be laying around. If you removed the bobbin's casing (shuttle hook, etc), then check to make sure everything has been properly reassembled. If everything looks clean then you can rethread your machine.

Secondly, it sounds like one of your dials or knobs may have been bumped. Check that the reverse stitch function hasn't gotten stuck in the wrong position. Check that the tension dial for the upper thread is set at a reasonable level.

Some machines will disengage your needle and feed dogs when you wind your bobbin, so check that your bobbin winder has been switched back to the off setting. And while we're on the topic, check that your feed dogs are engaged (they get switched off for button sewing and other stationary tacking projects).

Best of luck!

Amie

Sewing

Amie Scott