Sex Addictions/High/Low Sex Drive

Question
Hello :) I am a 25 year old female and I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for six years now. I don't believe that I am a sex addict but I do believe I have a higher sex drive than normal females. My boyfriend and I usually have sex 3-4 times a week and I would like to have sex more often where he simply denies me and says its too much. I've never heard of a man who didn't want more sex, and he belived 4x a week is enough. Does he's have a low sex drive? Am I too high? Or am I a sex addict?

Answer
I do not believe that you are a sex addict. Women and men arrive at their sexual peaks at different times. That may play a role in it. You guys have been together for 6 years.  Sometimes, when you are in a relationship for a long time,  the frequency of sex tends to decrease.  That may play a role in it.  He may have a medical problem such as Low T or something else that he does not know he may have.  It really could be a number of reasons.  But from what you have told me here I really don't think you are a sex addict.  So don't worry about that.  Have you talked with him to see if something is bothering him or does he seem distant or not emotionally involved anymore?  Talk with him and see if there is something wrong. Pay attention to his behavior,  phone calls,  texts, secretiveness, staying late at work,  etc. If you feel he  may be cheating, or no longer wants to be in the relationship. I hate to say that.  But, it could be the cause.  There is just so many things it could be. I'm sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.  I suggest talking and see if something is bothering him like work, extra stress, etc. It's probably something as that. I hope this somewhat helps. I wish I could be more help, but I can tell you that you are not a sex addict.  

Sex Addictions

Leigh, BS, QMHP, QMRP