Sex Advice/Oral Sex/masturbating with left hand

Question
Is it weird that I am right handed but masturbate with my left hand?  I've never figured that out because I prefer my right hand for everything else.  Why is this?

Answer
No, that isn't weird at all.  It's the experience of a lot of males (and females).  According to a survey of over 10,000 males in the second half of 2007 by the web site http://www.healthystrokes.com, about half of males masturbate with their dominant hand. 37 percent of righties and 30 percent of lefties masturbate with both (switching). Interestingly, there are more lefties (22 percent) who masturbate right handed than righties (12 percent) who masturbate left handed.   

So about one in eight righties masturbate with their left hand.  It's a little unusual, but you have a lot of company.  

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.