Sex Advice/Oral Sex/Having sex for the first time

Question
And what about protection?  Are condoms good enough?  I have used them in the past.  Will my girl expect something more?  I don't know about other birth control or where to get it.

Answer
You're suggesting you're not ready for sex if you haven't thought through contraception and discussed it with your partner.  Condoms not only protect against pregnancy but also venereal diseases (STDs).  Additionally you can use spermicidal jelly available at any drug or discount store.  This will protect against pregnancy about as well as condoms (if used correctly) but does not protect against STDs.  Usually both condoms and jelly provides excellent protection against both pregnancy and STDs.

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.