Sex Advice/Oral Sex/Boyfriend won't go down on me.

Question
I have a boyfriend who can be selfish in the bedroom. I have been trying for months to make things equal between us but it always seems to lead back to his pleasure first. One of the biggest issues I have is that he doesn't perform oral sex on me. He always says that its the taste or that he just isn't into it. I have tried everything to try to make it taste better for him or to make it as pleasurable for him as possible but I feel that it is no use. And any time I try to bring up the subject of oral he tries to change it. How can I have him give me oral sex? I know I can't force him but just some way to justify him pleasing me in the best way possible?!

Answer
Hi, Alexis...

Tough situation.  I asked my partner, Jen.  I don't think we're going to be very helpful.  Her view is that it's a matter of personal preference and if he doesn't like it he doesn't like it.  It's up to you whether it's a deal breaker.  It would be for Jen -- and if I found a woman who did NOT like to receive oral, it would be a deal breaker for me, since I'm more interested in giving oral than in intercourse.

Bob (and Jen)

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Robert Rubel, PhD