Sex Advice/Oral Sex/Pain


My husband and I used to have no problems having sex. However there was a long period of time in which we stopped having sex. Now whenever we try it's extremely painful as my husband is girthy. We end up calling the whole thing off because I can't take the pain. It's becoming a real problem. What should I do to make this experience less painful so that we can actually have intercourse?

Since your husband is never going to be any less girthy, it would be a good idea if you could exercise your vagina, perhaps by using a dildo that approximates your husband's girth.  The vagina itself can stretch, but you might be holding your wall muscles too tightly.  Practice makes perfect.

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Doug Adams, Ph.D.


I am happy to answer all kinds of questions about sexuality.


I have been answering questions about sexuality from both males and females for over 13 years on my web site I have been an expert on for over four years and am currently an expert in eight sexuality categories. I am the top expert in seven of the eight categories.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading research universities in the world.

Past/Present Clients
I have helped countless thousands of people online over the past 10 years.

©2017 All rights reserved.