Sex Advice/Oral Sex/Sex addict. Maybe.

QUESTION: So, I have no idea if I'm a sex addict or not. To start off, know that I'm a 15 year old girl. This might sound silly, but I started having sex in April, and then the person I was dating and I broke up. I've gone without sex for about 4 months. And it's seriously killing me. I've attempted pressuring my BEST FRIENDS into sex, random strangers, and I don't know why, but I feel completely justified doing so. There will be nights I seriously cry because I can't get laid.

So, I guess what I'm asking is if you think I'm a sex addict, I guess.

ANSWER: Hi Jenni,

I am sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Not every one believes that sex addiction is a real thing.  However in general an addiction is an uncontrollable urge to do something.  Uncontrolled.  At 15 your hormones are raging and you by nature are horny.  Can you control it or is it that you just don't want to?  Most men and women your age are  masturbating frequently can you substitute that for intercourse.  The reason I suggest that is that sex with multiple and random partners in very dangerous with the potential of very serious diseases and encounters with violent brutal men.

If you feel these urges as strongly as you suggest, a therapist might be a good option for you.

Good luck,

QUESTION: I try to control it, but the thoughts, I can't control those. They drive me crazy. I can't pay attention in school, I can concentrate because seriously, that's all that consumes my thoughts. I don't know if masturbation is a real substitute because in my mind, sex with another person is entirely different. And loads better.

Hi again,

Jenni, I think you should see a therapist at the least.  You symptoms could be a manifestation of some other underlying issue.  Bi-polar comes to mind.  There are other medical issues that could cause this unwanted behavior.  See your medical doctor and get a referral.

Good luck,

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Tom Blair

Sexual Relationship Coaching. Publish author. I am comfortable answering questions dealing with most areas of sex.

Neural Linguistic Practitioner Hypnotherapist Sexual Relationship Coach Internationally read author. Retired Educator All relationships are based on having certain needs being met. Healthy relationships are ones where there is a mutual meeting of these needs. Respect, honesty, communication are just some of those needs When those needs and others are not being met, the relationship will fall into disrepair. Together we will identify those needs and work to correct the imbalance. It is not too late, love can be rekindled. And it can last a life time.

Neural Linguistic Practitioner Hypnotherapist Sexual Relationship Coach Internationally read author. Retired Educator