Sex Advice/Oral Sex/Numbness during stimulation

Hey mr/dr Adams,

I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and our sex life is brilliant and very regular. However, sometimes i go numb when i'm having my clit rubbed, internally i'm fine and can feel all penetrative sensations, but the area around my clit goes completely numb and i can't reach orgasm. This happens about 35% of the time. I'm a bit confused as to why it happens sometimes and not all the time.
I have no problem with lubrication at any time.
Thank you for your time.

Most women dislike repetitive stimulation of the clitoris.  They prefer to employ a variety of strokes rather than to have a single one repeated over and over.  Women themselves know this but they don't always tell their male partners to employ a variety of touches.  It would help if you showed him.

More information about female masturbation is available at httP;//

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I am happy to answer all kinds of questions about sexuality.

I have been answering questions about sexuality from both males and females for over 13 years on my web site I have been an expert on for over four years and am currently an expert in eight sexuality categories. I am the top expert in seven of the eight categories.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading research universities in the world.

I have helped countless thousands of people online over the past 10 years.