Sex Advice/Oral Sex/feeling nervous/late bloomer

Question
I am a very late bloomer, still a virgin and in a new relationship. When I say late bloomer, I mean I am in my early thirties. (I have had severe social anxiety, which I am being treated for.) My boyfriend does NOT know I am a virgin, and I don't want to tell him because I'm afraid it will put him off.  I am sure I will not have any pain, so my question is: Will HE be able to tell that it's my first time?  Obviously I will be nervous,and will have a few drinks beforehand. I just don't want him to know this; he would probably think I am a freak and abnormal and everything else. I don't want to scare him away.  I know honesty is very important, but I feel strongly about this one issue.  It is very very uncommon to have sex for the first time in your thirties, and I am very embarrassed by this too, which is another reason I don't want him to know.

Answer
Hi Holly

For a good many men, being the one that introduces you to sex is a good thing.   To avoid the stigma you perceive and to make your lack of experience reasonable tell him that you are not very experienced and that it has been a while.  If you have used toys, dildos or vibrators, you will at least know what having something in your vagina is like.  But I think your best move is to explain that you are not sexually active and that it has been a while.  That way he may take it slower and be more gentle.  And he will not expect you to be a skilled lover.  Then you can teach each other what works for you.

Good luck,

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Tom Blair