Sex Advice/Oral Sex/sexuality

Question
QUESTION: So I am a teenage girl and I am straight. But I feel like I think more about how a guy sees me than how I see a guy. Like physically. Is this normal?

ANSWER: Yes, that is very normal.  Teenage girls tend to be obsessed with their own appearance.  They tend to be fastidious, getting up 90 minutes or more before they have to leave for school and spending most of that time on hair, makeup, etc.  Whereas a boy your age might get up as little as five minutes before he has to leave for school and merely brush his hair back or pat it down, etc.  It is not at all surprising that you pay more attention to yourself than to the appearances of guys.

QUESTION: So if I pay attention to how other girls look, without being attracted to them, its just like a comparing issue and self esteem rather than homosexuality. Right?

Answer
Especially if you're fashion conscious, it is normal to pay more attention to other girls.  The girls who get seriously dressed up and made up are primarily going it to compete with other females, rather than catch the attention of males.  I think that overwhelmingly those females are heterosexual.

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.