Sex Advice/Oral Sex/average penis girth

Question
Can you please set the record straight for me regarding the average penis girth?? I have read that 3 and a half to 4 and a half is the normal average girth. Then I read that a "normal" penis girth can be 6 inches or 6.5 inches. Can you tell me what is accurate? Thank you.

Answer
Hi Holly,

One of the issues with measuring up is perception. As in the old saying, "I don't know what enough is, but I will when I have it."  However there have been several studies.  Even those give varying results.  Who does the measuring, in a lab environment or not, age, health, state of arousal where on the shaft is measured and other factors contribute to these variations.  The average of the averages seems to be about 4.5 inches in circumference and just under 6 inches in length when fully erect.  It should be noted that the size and quality of the erection will vary over the course of the erection and from erection to erection.

Have a great day,

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Tom Blair