Sex Advice/Oral Sex/condoms

I am wondering: Is if safe to use condoms a month or two after their expiration date? Is the expiration date a general guideline, or do you need to toss them as soon as the expiration date says.

The expiration date on condoms is put out very far in advance.  So if you bought condoms today, it should not surprise you to see an expiration date in 2015 or 2016.  So if you have condoms that expired a month or two ago, then you probably bought them in 2010 or 2011.  I would consider where the condoms have been.  If they have been in a closed drawer, then there is a chance they are still good.  If they have been in a suitcase or carried in clothing or otherwise exposed to the environment, then I say don't use them.

You're relying on condoms to protect you from a fatal disease or unwanted children.  It would be a good idea to err on the side of caution.

Feel free to ask me more questions!

Sex Advice/Oral Sex

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I am happy to answer all kinds of questions about sexuality.

I have been answering questions about sexuality from both males and females for over 13 years on my web site I have been an expert on for over four years and am currently an expert in eight sexuality categories. I am the top expert in seven of the eight categories.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading research universities in the world.

I have helped countless thousands of people online over the past 10 years.